- June 12, 2017 at 01:12 #13747southerncalmParticipant
After a recent win10 update on my Byte many of my video files (mostly the .mkv files) will no longer play
i have an external HD connected with my video files on it
worked fine until a win 10 update
now regardless of which player i use (and my codecs are up to date)
and i get this warning
Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.
i moved the USB HD to another pc and get the same message
never had an issue before the win10 update which the HD was connected to at the time
nothing is running on the Byte that should do this and nothing was running at the time of the update to my knowledge
does not affect every video, but most
anything newly added works fine
and most non-.mkv videos still work ok
any suggestions i can do to force it to release or unlock them and make them viewable again is welcome as i do not cherish the thought of starting over or converting our movies of our kids
- July 27, 2017 at 12:17 #15479Azulle Support TeamSpectator
Thank you for using our forums. That is a known issue from Windows, basically it can be solved by changing the properties of the files. Follow these steps to grant full permissions to the folder where the files are stored:
1. Right click on the folder on the external drive and click on properties.
2. On the property window, click Security tab.
3. Now click on Edit and then click Add.
4. Now type everyone in the box and click OK.
5. Then check Full control check box.
6. Click on Apply and then click OK.
Do not hesitate to contact us directly if you need further assistance.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.