- June 3, 2016 at 14:51 #4921Azulle Support TeamSpectator
Our devices support GNU/Linux distributions.
We have units with Ubuntu 14.04 preloaded on them:
Azulle Quantum Access Mini PC Stick:
Quantum Access LAN Fanless Mini PC Stick:
If you want to install Ubuntu on your device with Windows original preloaded on them, there are a couple of things you need to know, please read carefully:
Those devices run a 32-bit UEFI firmware, and will not allow a 64-bit OS to be installed and boot, so in order to install Ubuntu the BIOS has to be changed.
– Changing the BIOS will delete your Windows license key which is embedded in it. Once you make the change you will no longer able to restore Windows because you won’t have the product key embedded in the CPU to activate it anymore.
– Changing the BIOS will void the warrant.
– Changing the BIOS cannot be reverted.
These are the steps for the installation process:
1- Download the files and extract them in a folder
2- Copy the files to the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB drive
3-Restart the device, get access into the BIOS and override the Boot with the USB drive
4-Choose the Install option
5-Select your language
7-Select if you want to install third party software, click continue and pick the option Erase disk and install Ubuntu
9-Select your location
10-Select your keyboard
11- Fill your information
12- When installation process ends just press Restart Now
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- September 5, 2016 at 11:23 #6054Jason HoomaniGuest
Does this process update the BIOS? The download looks like it only installs Ubuntu. Where can I download the BIOS which allows a 64-bit OS to be loaded, destroys the embedded Windows key, etc.?
- September 14, 2016 at 13:11 #6253
- October 27, 2016 at 09:25 #7554JuliusGuest
Will you also support the new Access Plus with Ubuntu 16.04? The 4GB ram and the USB3.0 port make it very interesting for a nice small Linux system.
- November 11, 2016 at 22:45 #7863Justin SGuest
I have a Quantum Access HDMI Stick, I contacted support and was given the firmware in order to install Ubuntu(Ubuntu was downloaded from this Tutorial.)
But when i follow these steps i get to step 4, i get a blank black screen and then it just hangs and does nothing after.
Is there anything i need to change in the bios settings that could be causing this?
- March 17, 2017 at 01:36 #11652chrisaalParticipant
Can this BIOS update also be used to install the 64bit version of Windows 10 Enterprise? I need the 64bit version to be able to get this the Azulle Quantum Access managed by our IT department and hooked up to our corporate network.
- April 11, 2017 at 15:23 #12156Azulle Support TeamSpectator
Can this BIOS update also be used to install the 64bit version of Windows 10 Enterprise?
Unfortunately this BIOS can’t be used for that purpose, the main reason is that there are no drivers for this hardware for Window 64 bit, meaning that most likely the installer will crash.
- June 4, 2017 at 00:36 #13528harperjiangParticipant
The links for Ubuntu devices now display as “currently unavailable”. May I know when they will be available again? Thanks
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.